Prosecutor Evidence in DUI cases
When a person is charged with DUI, they must go before a court and, if they plead not guilty, challenge evidence that officers began collecting before the driver was even pulled over. Starting with an officer’s observance of what they deemed suspicious driving all the way to the moment an individual is booked, evidence is being gathered throughout a DUI arrest.
If you’ve been charged with DUI and need an experienced attorney to help you fight these charges, contact an Arizona DUI lawyer from Thompson & Volquardsen, P.C. Our skilled and experienced DUI defense lawyers have successfully defended clients facing a variety of alcohol-related charges, so call our offices today at 602-510-9999 to speak to an attorney about your case.
Types of DUI Evidence Used
Prosecutors in DUI cases will bring any and every possible piece of evidence to bear when making a case against you. That is why having an experienced attorney who is knowledgeable about how to defend against certain claims is so important. The following is some of the types of evidence that our Arizona DUI defense attorneys have challenged:
- Driving behavior – Officers will testify about erratic driving for which they pulled you over
- Behavior and appearance – Officers testify about how you appeared when pulled over, if you had bloodshot eyes, had slurred speech, smelled of alcohol, or fumbled around for your driver’s license
- Field sobriety tests – Performance on tests such as saying the alphabet backwards, walking a straight line, standing on one leg, etc.
- Breathalyzer test – This device gives a rough estimate of your blood alcohol content and is frequently challenged on its accuracy
- Blood Alcohol Tests – In some cases, officers may draw blood to measure your blood alcohol content
Though this may seem like a lot, a skilled attorney may be able to get some evidence thrown out due to improper conduct and procedures used by officers or because of questionable accuracy.
At Thompson & Volquardsen, P.C., our Arizona DUI lawyers believe that anyone who is charged with DUI deserves to have their rights and interests protected, and we want to help. To speak with one of our experienced attorneys about fighting the charges against you, contact our office today at 602-510-9999.